NCAA Top Ten
In the spirit of March Madness I give you the official TOP TEN BEST THINGS ABOUT THE NCAA MEN’S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT List
10. The custodians at school coordinated their evening break so that they could watch the end of the Kentucky game together.
9. My students actually believed I would postpone their test so that they could watch the Wildcats play during class (I did not).
8. While many of my students cannot remember to bring a pencil to class, they each have a bracket in their pockets and are ready to show you theirs if you’ll show them yours.
7. There is a large stack of brackets available in the high school library for anyone who has not yet filled one out.
6. Underdog Morehead State. I love me some underdogs, even when they ruin my bracket.
5. There is a guy named Jimmer. Jimmer.
4. Listening to Charles Barkley say anything. Cr-a-zy. I thought he had been banished from sports commentating.
3. The complete lack of geographical accuracy. For example, the South Eastern division game between BYU (located Northwest of the geographic center of the continental US) and Florida is played in the equally non South Eastern City of Denver, Colorado. This is why the children don’t know where anything is.
2. Did I mention that my students thought watching an NCAA basketball game was a legitimate reason to cancel a test. Did I mention they texted me with the phrase, “We’re watching the game at 2:30, right?”
1. NCAA basketball is a lot like reality TV. It has all of the best parts–unscripted drama, fashion, fitness, touching human interests stories, the triumph of the underdog. And it comes on when all of the other shows are in re-runs.
P.S Happy St. Patty’s Day!