Skip to content

Home, or Bailey and Scooter’s Wonderland.

June 17, 2010

After a fortifying breakfast prepared by Geoff’s mom, we got an early start and hit the road to the great state of Kentucky.  Scooter was a perfect passenger, continuing his trend of cowering in the driver’s side floorboard each time we stopped to get gasoline. I did my best throughout the trip to remain conscious and alert as the road has a hypnotizing effect on me. Once we got on the country roads we had to slow down a bit due to the bigness of the U-Haul and the smallness of the road. We pulled in to the driveway of our home at around 7:30 local time, that would be Eastern Daylight Savings time. Since our phones don’t work on our property we’ve been struggling to determine what time it is, all the time. So far the East Coast time zone is kicking my but. I feel a lot of pressure to stay up past my bedtime. I can’t decide if my new bedtime is 11:01 or if I should hold fast to 10:01 and just miss prime time television programming I would normally tune in to. We’ll see what happens.

When we arrived the farm was in good shape, the grass was way overgrown and a bit jungly, but otherwise just as we expected it. After a 9+ our journey and arriving for the first time at our new home I was looking forward to going into the house and taking a look around. But Geoff and the four legged members of our party had different plans. As soon as we stopped the cars they all took off running for the fields–Geoff included. Once we determined that the fields were in order, we entered the house. The house was in good shape as well, although it took us a while to get the place cooled off since it had been without AC for three weeks. In spite of the late hour, we got straight down to business and unpacked half of the U-haul. Our goal was to sleep in our own bed with real sheets. The bed was the first thing we unloaded from the van, but the hunt for sheets took us a while.

Since the crack of dawn this morning Geoff, Bailey, and Scooter have been frolicking through fields and having the best time. I slept just past the crack of down and have been enjoying myself since I woke up. It has been a long day, so I’ll give a more complete report tomorrow. We just wanted to let our friends, family, and loyal readers that we made it here safe and sound and that the adventure has begun.

The evidence:

Ready for the road.

Fillin' up.

Crossing the Kentucky state line.

Scooter's first frolic.

Our first sunset.

Heterogeneous packing.

More heterogeneous packing.

4 Comments leave one →
  1. Laurie permalink
    June 17, 2010 8:32 PM

    So glad you made it safely!

  2. Uncle Chris permalink
    June 17, 2010 11:30 PM

    Glad y’all mde it safe and sound. Can’t wait to hear about y’alls new life on a daily basis. Love ya

    Uncle Chris

  3. Sheila McGuire permalink
    June 18, 2010 9:31 AM

    I’m disappointed – no picture of Geoff’s first frolic?

  4. June 23, 2010 2:06 AM

    I love this, especially the “heterogeneous packing” photos. I think I’ll employ this method in my upcoming move. Seems to have worked out well, no?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: